Accounting Hiring Event
Looking to advance your Accounting career? We’re hiring Bookkeepers and Accounting Clerks in San Antonio. Register below, and find your next career at our hiring event on September 5 between 9 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.!
- Walk-ins are accepted, but registering before you arrive will help us quickly process your application.
*Please bring 2 forms of ID for proof of eligibility to work in the U.S. and be dressed for an interview (No flip flops, shorts, caps, etc.)
*Questions? Call (210) 212-4400
Our client is looking for Accounting Clerks to perform clerical duties and ensure accuracy of financial records. Successful candidates will be responsible for reconciling accounts payable and receivable accounts, balancing department budgets, invoicing clients, ensuring prompt payment of invoices and developing and maintaining a comprehensive financial filing system for the firm.
Responsibilities of the Accounting Clerk:
- Performs daily financial analysis on system generated daily MTM (Marked to Market) trading performance profit and loss accounts and issues reports on the portfolio position and results.
- Collaborates with other team members and other stakeholders including, Accounting, Refining Operations, Schedulers and Traders to design and enhance processes and procedures to enable accurate and timely exposure information.
- Validates inputs to the profit and loss for accuracy and consistency with policies and procedures
- Tests and validates new data sources to enable faster and more accurate compilation of position data
- Develops and maintains weekly and monthly analysis reports
- Develops and automates processes to more efficiently perform daily tasks
- Supports the Team on ad-hoc projects when appropriate
Requirements of the Accounting Clerk:
- Associates Degree in Business or Accounting required; Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related discipline preferred
- 3 – 8 years of accounting experience
- SAP experience preferred
Compensation for the Accounting Clerk:
- $15.00 – $22.00 /hour depending on experience
Responsibilities of the Bookkeeper:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy of work.
- Proficiency with accounting software and Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent knowledge of general accounting principles.
- Bookkeeping and customer service experience.
- Ability to identify errors and solve problems.
- Decisive and critical thinker.
- Maintain accurate records of financial transactions and create basic financial statements (Income Statement and Balance Sheet).
- Perform accounts payable management.
- Perform cash flow reporting.
- Perform collections as needed.
- Record incoming checks / cash / ACH and make bank deposits.
- Reconcile bank and credit card accounts monthly.
- Tag and monitor fixed assets.
- Report on issues and variances as needed.
- Keep track of tax liabilities and ensure timely payments
- Entering all bills and expenses in our accounting system
- Accounting for all banking and credit card transactions
- Organizing bank deposits and change orders
- Attention to detail.
- Accurately record and review all financial data.
- Attention to details and accuracy when recording numerical data.
- Maintain the confidentiality of the company’s financial records.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Accounting or related field.
- Five years’ experience in accounting or bookkeeping field.
- Experience with data entry and record keeping.
Bookkeeper Compensation & Schedule:
- Monday – Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- 30,000 to 40,000 / year.
Bookkeeper Additional Benefits:
- Competitive salary.
- Paid time off.
- Health insurance.
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules.